Solutions for a Digital Age
Alison Gow, Editor of Wales Online and Wales on Sunday:
" This is purely a programme that is tailored for your development and allows you to progress within the company and benefit the company you’re with…
It’s been brilliant, it’s been a blast. I’d say the course is absolutely bang on. You can’t afford to miss it really." Watch the video
The Journalism Leaders Programme provides creative solutions to the challenges leaders and would-be leaders of news organisations face in a digital age through:
- Innovative Courses which equip experienced practitioners with the advanced knowledge and skills necessarily to thrive in a highly competitive context
- Applied Research into effective and responsible leadership in an increasingly complex and unpredictable media landscape
- Open Forums where issues critical to the industry and society are discussed and debated
The programme is an initiative of the Department of Journalism at Preston which has been responding to the media industry’s professional development needs since 1962, making it one of the most experienced of its type in the UK. We continue to draw on our strong industry links to ensure our activities remain both relevant and cutting edge.
A network of expert discussion leaders
Our experienced discussion leaders are drawn from all aspects of the industry.
Flexible courses that help you build competence, gain confidence
Developed in co-operation with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the programme’s innovative courses aim to foster editorial team leaders who seek to enable creativity, value diversity and share responsibility within their organisations.
- Innovative means that you can participate in intensive face-to-face seminars that feature leading practitioners and researchers from around the globe and then get support to integrate the learning points through on-going involvement in an international, online learning community.
- Flexibility means that you set the pace. You can choose to attend a single event or seminar, or to participate in a while module and earn a university Certificate, or you can build towards a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Master of Arts in Journalism Leadership.
- Personal and professional development means that you’ll acquire knowledge and skills, and also have the chance to test your instincts, to stretch to the next level of thinking - and to move ahead with confidence.